Quality and Procurement Engineering
Highcon Systems LTD is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Quality Engineer, for the Engineering and Quality team, to ensure productivity and quality of multidisciplinary subsystems and to drive short and long term product cost reduction improvements.
- Leads the supplier technical audit process and evaluates supplier performance and capability, drive continuous improvement opportunities at supplier. Collaborating with other supplier engineers on the supplier audit and evaluation process.
- Develops and maintains good relationship with suppliers and subcontractors
- Improve design decision making by supporting price negotiations and opportunities to drive short and long term product cost reduction improvements
- Own the creation and execution of all engineering change orders (ECOs), including any and all supporting documentation, 3D CAD, and engineering drawings to support any changes to product.
- Drive CAPAs (Corrective and Preventive actions), NCRs, deviations, and other quality events relating to the ongoing production, initiate ECO’s activity in collaboration with the suppliers Quality team.
- Support external contract manufacturers/suppliers’ product end of life (EOL) cycles as well as coordination of repair and refurbishment activities.
- Setup quality, process expectations with manufacturing partners and suppliers
- Drive root cause investigation and understanding of system level failure modes.
- Communicate and coordinate activities and development work across different functions and divisions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or applicable scientific field.
- 5+ year’s relevant experience in Manufacturing Engineering (multidisciplinary projects experience preferred).
Knowledge and skills
- Broad and extensive mechanical manufacturing processes experience in hardware assembly and testing, including sourcing of relevant raw and complex hardware.
- SolidWorks experience with a working knowledge of PDM
- Extensive knowledge in manufacturing technologies, materials, coatings and quality control – advantage
- Excellent problem solving skills; hands on individual willing and capable of supporting the manufacturing and service.
- Capable of working in high risk profile, dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, mastery in English
Relevant candidates should apply by sending CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org