Mechanics R&D Engineer
- Lead multidisciplinary product PLC from concept to engineering release, including design, development, testing and validation of new existing products to meet program deliveries.
- Manage R&D subcontractors
- Develop new and often unconventional design concepts and test methodologies.
- Perform design analysis and optimization.
- Investigate new and existing technologies that can be effectively applied to Highcon products and markets.
- Drive root cause investigation and understanding of system level failure modes.
- Communicate and coordinate activities and development work across different functions and divisions.
Qualifications- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s (graduate) degree in a technical discipline – advantage
- Experience – minimum 3 years
Knowledge and skills:
- SolidWorks experience with a working knowledge of PDM – must
- Extensive knowledge in manufacturing technologies, materials, coatings and quality control – advantage
- High degree of creativity, with analytical mindset, engineering and communication skills – must
- Excellent problem solving skills; a hands on individual willing and capable of supporting the manufacturing and service departments – an advantage
- Strong knowledge in structural and solid mechanics, dynamics, fluid mechanics and physics – a must
- Capable of working in a high risk, dynamic environment – a must
- Experience in design of paper handling multidisciplinary projects – an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent English
Relevant candidates should apply by sending CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org