Highcon Systems LTD is seeking a creative and highly motivated Mechanical engineer TL, for the R&D mechanics team, to research, design, develop and analyze subsystems and mechanisms for a digital cutting and creasing machine.
- Team management
- Manage a team of mechanical engineers.
- Manage sub-contractors designers.
- Prepare and manage project work plans.
- Manage multi-disciplinary workgroups.
- Ownership from concept to engineering release, including design, development, testing, and field validation of new and existing products, to meet program deliveries.
- Perform engineering analysis on designs.
- Produce detailed engineering and assembly drawings for manufacturing.
- Prepare test plans and perform lab tests for verification and conformance of design outputs to meet the design inputs.
- Generate and review design documentation, procedures, reports, and other documentation associated with the mechanical design.
- Customer support, problem-solving, root cause analysis, and understanding of system-level failure modes.
- Work with other functions to understand and align on product requirements, development needs, and translates them into working engineering specifications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience - a minimum of 5 years.
- Minimum of 1 year as a team leader or similar.
Knowledge and skills
- CAD experience with a working knowledge of PLM – must.
- A high degree of creativity, with an analytical mindset, engineering, and communication skills – must.
- Team player, hands-on individual with problem-solving skills – must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, mastery in English – must.
- Completed at least one design cycle of the multi-disciplinary subsystem from requirements to implementation.
- Experience in paper handling systems - an advantage
- Experience in motion systems and control - an advantage