In order to strengthen our European Field Service Team we are looking to recruit a dynamic Field Service Engineer. The candidate should be ideally located in Germany, Netherlands or Belgium, though other locations will be considered.
The main responsibility is to provide technical service and support to European Highcon customers
The responsibilities include the following:
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 field service technical support (break/fix, upgrades, PM)
- Perform customer site preparations, installations and operator trainings
- Support Highcon customers with remote technical and application support
- Document and manage the service requests/calls using Salesforce.com
- Escalate and manage customer issues in a professional manner to HQ
- Monitor customer products and provide regular reports and feedback to company headquarters
- Drive customer satisfaction through service excellence
- Demonstrate an understanding of customer infrastructure, processes, and key customer contacts
- Work independently and prioritize workload with minimal supervision
- A Bachelor’s Technical degree or equivalent Electro-Mechanical / IT experience
- 4-6 years related experience in a technical customer support position in multidisciplinary capital equipment industries (digital printing, inkjet, finishing, other large format automated multidisciplinary equipment) in Field Service or at a customer end-user
- Customer orientation and proactiveness
- Hands-on experience and approach with mechanical and electrical assemblies.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of operating systems software and applications.
- Experience and demonstrated presentation / reporting skills
- The position requires foreign travel (50%-60%), being home-based for the balance
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Customer-oriented with an understanding of global customer management
- Working outside normal business hours, when required, at the customer install base
- Demonstrated writing/correspondence and customer communication skills
- Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information