We are a dynamic fast growing company with a strong supportive culture. In addition to a growing team in Israel we are building international sales, marketing and customer support organisation. Highcon is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity.Fields of interest include: material technology, lasers & optics, software, mechanical engineering and integration. Even if there is not a current position but you have the relevant experience in the above disciplines then we would like to hear from you here.
Highcon Systems LTD is seeking a creative, experienced and highly motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer, for R&D mechanics team, to research, design, develop and analyze subsystems and mechanisms for a digital cutting and creasing machine.
· Lead multidisciplinary product PLC from concept to engineering release, including design, development, testing and validation of new and existing products, to meet program deliveries.
· Manage R&D subcontractors
· Develop new and often unconventional design concepts and test methodologies.
· Perform design analysis and optimization.
· Investigate new and existing technologies that can be effectively applied to Highcon products and markets.
· Drive root cause investigation and understanding of system level failure modes.
· Communicate and coordinate activities and development work across different functions and divisions.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Master's (graduate) degree in technical discipline - advantage
· Experience – R&D engineer minimum 5 years
Knowledge and skills
· CAD experience with a working knowledge of PDM - must
· Extensive knowledge in manufacturing technologies, materials and coatings - advantage
· High degree of creativity, with analytical mindset, engineering and communication skills – must
· Experience in sub-contractors management – advantage
· Excellent problem solving skills; hands on individual willing and capable of supporting the manufacturing and service - advantage
· Strong knowledge in structural and solid mechanics, dynamics, fluid mechanics and physics - must
· Capable of working in high risk profile, dynamic environment - must
· Experience in design of paper handling multidisciplinary projects - advantage
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, mastery in English